This morning I was listening to the radio when they said something about how a new study is showing that blueberries are actually good to help with DIABETES. Now, I know in the past I have heard that they are one of the top fruits people recommend because of the antioxidants, but I decided to dedicate this entry to the positive facts of blueberries and to celebrate, show my OTHER favorite BLUE things.
This will be fun!
– Blueberries can improve memory!
– A recent study that included blueberries as a low-GI fruit has found that blueberries, along with other berries, clearly have a favorable impact on blood sugar regulation in persons already diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
– There is 35% of Vitamin K, 25% of Manganese, 24% of Vitamin C, and 14% of Fiber
– Damage to muscles following a very taxing exercise can be reduced by eating Blueberries!
– It can even help protect your brain from oxidative stress!
Basically, the more I look into it, the most positive things I find! There are a LOT more beneficial things about blueberries, but I don’t want the ENTIRE blog to be about all the good it can do! (but I should do that one day). I want to celebrate by seeing other blue things!
I have always loved the blue roses. Though I am not sure they are “all natural” there is a way to get them… I think.
There is always Cookie Monster! He was one of my favorite Sesame Street characters growing up!
And Grover! But you don’t hear much about him anymore. One of my favorite books when I was a kid was a Grover book called “The Monster at the End of This Book”. …. or something like that.
My favorite blue rug!
And my favorite team has a blue jersey! (And blue in their logo. ;P)
What are your favorite things that are blue?