I feel… nostalgic. I remember when I was little, my mom or dad cooking up some of my favorite stew or soup in the world:
It was so delicious. Once I got older, I realized how simple it was as well.
What’s even better:
Yes, cooking in a crock pot saves time but also creates these delicious flavorful meals. And seeing as I am a working mom, it makes life WONDERFUL. Throw it all together, and I get the delicious tasting home style cooking that I adored when I was little. In fact, here is my own personal recipe. (Although, there aren’t nice descriptions of how much, etc.)
Beef Stew (YoungMomDecor Type)
A Cut of Beef (size depending upon your size of crockpot)
Kernels of Corn
Potatoes (Peeled and cut into big chunks)
– Put in the beef but arrange it so there is room around it to put the vegetables (corn, potatoes, etc).
– Spread the veggies around with a nice mixture. Make sure it is not too stuffed so you can add water to make actual stew. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of everything.
– Add a little amount of water, maybe a few cups, that way to encourage the liquid/stew part. The less you do, the thicker it will be, but you do want a least a little.
– Put lid on top and start the crock pot. Let it sit all day.
– Serve and enjoy! The richness and simplicity does wonders and is enjoyable by all! (The kids even eat the veggies!)
I know, simple, but worth the wait. And all you have to do is throw it all together in the morning and have a perfect dinner at night.
Honestly, makes me drool just thinking about it.