I am VERY excited about my new feature “Designer of the Week!”
And as I was preparing the entry, I realized, it’s not fair to my Designers if I do it at the END of the week, so why not wait until Monday to start it with a BANG!
But I still want to celebrate it’s coming, so … here is a recipe!
And as you scroll down and come back up here, you may look at me with curiosity. Why celebrate with WHITE cake? Why? Because all good cakes start with the basics! You can easily decorate this and do anything with it! Add chocolate swirls, add sprinkles to make it confetti cake, you name it! It becomes it!
Plus, White Cake is my favorite. *wink*
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Simple, Delicious, and striaght to the point!
Now I am ready for Some Designers of the Week!