With all my careful planning, with all the thought I had put into yesterday’s entry, I regretfully say that there was something I forgotten to include in my list that is quite embarrassing.
The Itch of Cooking.
*blushes* Yes, I have to say, I forgot to include cooking on my list! (But in my defense, I was trying to avoid thinking of food to make sure I wouldn’t become hungry before dinner! *laughs*)
What would my blog be like if I didn’t include recipes? EMPTY!! I normally include recipes here and there! And it’s because, I seriously, truly like and enjoying doing so.
But cleaning up after is an entirely different story. *wink*
So, to make up for my brain forgetting to list this yesterday, I will give TWO recipes today to make up for it!
First, one of my childhood favorites! Chicken n’ dumplings! Unfortunately, I do not have my grandma’s recipe at hand, but that’s okay. Being a mom, sometimes I don’t have the time to do everything the way my grandma did. And with that in mind, I will show you a quick recipe for it, from Betty Crocker. ( Click here for the actual site)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen green peas and carrots
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
- For the Dumplings:
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- Paprika, if desired
- Cooking Directions:
(Again, here’s the link.)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package low calorie chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dark and light chocolate cake mix. Add the eggs and oil, mix until well blended. Roll dough into 2 inch balls, and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and confectioner’ sugar together until smooth. Spread between two cooled cookies.
Now, ENJOY my apology!